Gilchrist is a nationally recognized, nonprofit leader in serious illness and end-of-life care. We provide counseling, support and care to people at every stage of serious illness, so they may live life to the fullest. Furthermore, we are deeply committed to giving people the clear information and loving support they need to make informed choices about their care.
- Since 1996, the name ‘Gilchrist’ has become synonymous with quality, compassion, and leadership.
- Our vision: We are deeply committed to giving people the clear information and loving support they need to make informed choices about their care.
- Aging and Serious Illness
- Since 1900, average life expectancy has increased from 47 to 78 years old.
- The number of Americans over age 85 will more than double by 2030.
- By 2050, people over 65 will outnumber people under 18 for the first time in history.
- Need for Exceptional Care and Resources for Caregivers
- To address the need for increased serious illness care in Central Maryland, Gilchrist has expanded beyond hospice, to provide comprehensive and coordinated care to people at every stage of serious illness.
- Three main programs: Gilchrist Counseling & Support, Gilchrist Elder Medical Care and Gilchrist Hospice Care.
- We offer a wide range of services, from early diagnosis through the end of life. Our staff; physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, hospice aides, social workers, music therapists, chaplains and volunteers find their work is not a job, but a calling.
- In Howard County, we are caring for your friends, neighbors and family members. We provide medical care, psychosocial and volunteer support for 1,000 patients annually and grief counseling for over 800 patient families and community clients. We have served over 3,000 patients at Gilchrist Center Howard County since opening in 2011.
- Gilchrist is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving anyone in need of care, regardless of ability to pay.
THANK YOU for your generous support!